View Full Version : 1DX MkII C-Log?

Mathew Williams
April 20th, 2017, 02:21 PM
So, it's been announced the 5D MkIV is to get C-Log. How can it be possible that the flagship 1DX MkII won't have it? Surely if it was to come to the 1DX MkII it would have been announced first, or at the same time. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't offer it as an update to their top of the line DSLR as well. As it is, I use the 1DX MkII as a B cam for my C300 MkII - it looks like I'll need to downgrade to a 5D MkIV if I want C-Log....

Mathew Williams
April 27th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Not bringing CLOG to the 1DX2 when they've shown it is possible and they're willing to do so with the 5D4 is very frustrating though. I own a C300 MkII which I spent a great deal of money on, and I currently use a 1DX2 as a B camera for interviews etc.

I'm really not sure what they are thinking by not bringing CLOG to the 1DXII - I know a number of professionals in my position who own the C300II and have a 1DX2 as a B camera, and for whom having CLOG on the 1DX2 would be a huge benefit. Canon have said the reason they've added CLOG to the 5D4 is because they understand that some people will want to have a smaller B camera that matches their main Canon camera when shooting in CLOG. Well I'd have thought most professionals who have one of their cinema cameras will most likely have the 1DX2 as their B camera (rather than the 5D4) - so if they appreciate the importance of CLOG for professionals, and they appreciate the importance of being able to shoot CLOG on a B camera, then why not add it to the 1DX2? It just doesn't make sense to me and I think is very disrespectful of Canon to people who have invested very heavily in their top of the line products.

Marius Pavel
January 27th, 2018, 02:02 PM
They say that C-log is for cinema line + 5D4.
I don't know what is their marketing position, but they are losing big to sony...

Chris Norman
February 2nd, 2018, 02:57 AM
Some of Canon's ideas about marketing like not making c-log available for the 1DX Mkii do a good job of driving people to other brands. It's luddite thinking that just drives people off.

Ricky Sharp
April 13th, 2018, 07:46 AM
I gave up on Canon years ago for my video needs. I shoot events and currently use a Sony PXW-X70. For photography though, I absolutely love the EOS 5D IV.