View Full Version : LX10 best practices

Alex Khachatryan
May 2nd, 2017, 11:34 PM
After using lx100 for more than two years mostly for wedding receptions and b camera I gave it up and got the new lx10. This camera has more practical uses for video than lx100. One disappointing thing, however, is lack of hot shoe. Still trying to figure how to add light without attaching a bracket especially on gimbal.

Another surprisingly annoying factor - no ISO button, only access to ISO is via quick menu, touch screen or needs to be programmed to one of the fn buttons.

Video is superb, 1.4 lens makes this tiny instrument the queen of reception cameras. No back pain at the end of the day. Battery life is poor, but original batteries aren't expensive. Over all this is a great little brother to fz2500 which is my camera for 1st half of the wedding.

Noa Put
May 3rd, 2017, 01:46 AM
Panasonic builds in limitations in their camera just like any other manufacturer often does to protect higher end camera's sales. I"ve got the gx80, g80 and gh5 and for sound the gx80 has no separate audio input, the g80 does but you can't monitor the audio and as you might guess the gh5 doesn't have these limitations. This is just one example but I could name a few more.

Alex Khachatryan
May 3rd, 2017, 08:26 AM
I get it, they want to give consumers reason to step up in their game and opt in for higher end cameras. I also understand that at the end of the day these are still cameras or at least they look like ones and audio is just a bonus. But hot shoe and viewfinder and ISO controls were present on lx100 and competing SONY product has it as well. Strange move by Panasonic unless this is intended as whole new line of cameras and real upgrade to lx100 is planned in future.

Tom Mussatto
May 3rd, 2017, 09:24 AM
I always considered the LX100 as an outlier in the LX series. I think the LX10 is more of the update to the LX7 which I love and carry with me always. The LX7 does have hot shoe and very, very good EVF, although an expensive option. The glass on the LX series cameras is fantastic.