View Full Version : DJI Mavic Pro drone with "cinema series" filters

Chris Tangey
May 16th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Filters are a must to bring down the shutter speed of this drone which has a fixed aperture. Here is a new video with the "cinema series" which are supposed to be better optics and lighter than the originals.
DJI Mavic Pro with Polar Pro “cinema series” filters on Vimeo

Steven Reid
May 23rd, 2017, 12:45 AM
That was one of the best three minutes of my day. Thank you for sharing your work. Thoroughly enjoyable. I'm so impressed with what you do with the Mavic Pro.

Chris Tangey
May 23rd, 2017, 02:19 AM
Thanks very much Steven, it's sort of a matter of "no choice"! We now have two classes of license in Australia for commercial operators, below 2kg. and above 2kg. To oversimplify it a bit, it basically means if I want to fly the big boys I virtually have to get a pilot's license costing thousands of dollars. As drones are just a small part of the business I can't justify that right now and the only real pro choice I see below 2kg (in fact below 1!) is the Mavic Pro, so I need to squeeze ever drop of blood I can out of it!

Andrew Smith
May 23rd, 2017, 03:44 AM
I personally feel that it needs to be another two minutes longer. :-)

Top stuff.

Andrew

Gary Huff
May 23rd, 2017, 06:33 AM
Very happy with my Cinema Series filters. I ordered them the very day I got my Mavic so I could have them in in time for my shoot in Puerto Rico.

https://youtu.be/-3-A_qAE29g

Chris Tangey
May 25th, 2017, 04:27 AM
I personally feel that it needs to be another two minutes longer. :-)

Top stuff.

Andrew

Thanks a lot Andrew appreciate that. Actually I think the track, being a classical piece, went about another 5 minutes after I faded it but I simply haven't got that amount of material with the cinema series yet!

Chris Tangey
May 25th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Very happy with my Cinema Series filters. I ordered them the very day I got my Mavic so I could have them in in time for my shoot in Puerto Rico.

https://youtu.be/-3-A_qAE29g

Nice one Gary