View Full Version : GH5 test

Noa Put
May 18th, 2017, 02:48 AM
Finally had the opportunity to do some testshooting with my gh5, like with any new camera I get I want to try it out before I use it on a paid job. I had to visit a client near the center of Brussels yesterday and decided to take my GH5 and Zhiyun crane along. Acc to my car's dashboard it was 32deg outside so great opportunity to see how the camera would handle 4K50p in such warm conditions and it did just fine, one thing I absolutely hate and that is the "disp" button, I can't recall how many times I had to press it again to get the right info on screen, going to apply some tape over it to see if this can prevent me pressing it.

Basiliek koekelberg and Atomium with the GH5 on Vimeo

Simon Denny
May 18th, 2017, 04:05 AM
Nice mate, yep that "disp" button is annoying.

Phil Lee
May 18th, 2017, 04:42 AM
Hi

I thought it might just be me regarding the [DISP] button. Despite it being flat, I find you need to grip the camera quite firmly to pick it up/use it because of it's weight, and so that grip pressure is more than enough when a thumb/finger is over the button to press it accidentally.

I was getting so annoyed by changing the display accidentally I thought okay lets map it to some other function but of course you can't do that with that button. Panasonic should make it possible to disable that button or at least have a menu option of "Long press to change display", so a long press is needed on it which might help stop accidental presses.

Surprised it didn't come up in usability testing. It's obviously known its in a place it will get pressed accidentally as it's flat to the surface, but still it gets pressed by accident.

Regards

Phil

Steve Burkett
May 18th, 2017, 05:26 AM
Yeah the display button affects many users from what I hear. Shame you can't remap it's functions or disable.

Unlike Noa, I was more risky in my first use of the GH5; having received it in the same morning I was heading off to film a Wedding. Mind, it was a Wedding with a more relaxed timetable and couple over the filming. I was impatient to use it. :)

Jay Massengill
May 21st, 2017, 07:56 AM
Very nice work Noa! Did you add to the sun flare in post when looking up inside the dome?

Noa Put
May 21st, 2017, 11:28 AM
The flare is straight of camera, that shot was with the 9-18mm from panasonic.

Vishal Jadhav
May 23rd, 2017, 12:07 AM
Looks good

The display button does get on my nerves some times but living with it