View Full Version : FAILURE Transcend SC u3 xc 1 128gb

Bruce Dempsey
May 19th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Shooting AVCHD on my trusty AX100 during a University Convocation Ceremony when all of a sudden the screen goes black or "recovering or some such" and recording stops and cam goes to standby. Fortunately I was also recording externally from hdmi so its not the total disaster it would have been.
This card has been filled maybe 5 times and formatted same number of times. BEWARE

Ronald Jackson
May 20th, 2017, 12:39 AM
I had two of these in my GH4s. They started giving trouble after a few cycles, not stopping but pausing recording of their own accord.

Now use SanDisk Extreme Pro XC 1 3 10 64gb cards which seem okay.

Ron

Noa Put
May 20th, 2017, 01:12 AM
Where did you purchase the cards from?

Bruce Dempsey
May 20th, 2017, 05:03 AM
Thankfully I bought it from Amazon.ca June 2016 so within the 1 year amazon warranty.
Transcend warranty them for life and I used the utility on their website to verify authenticity.
Amazon has already shipped replacement (last night merely hours after my note to them). yay (I think) Now I have to worry the whole time I'm recording with the replacement :(

Donald McPherson
May 21st, 2017, 01:33 AM
There are a lot of cards out there. Of course, we will hear about the ones that go bad. But most and I mean most will be of good quality. I would put it down to just bad luck. Who has SD cards that have been used hundreds of times without problems?

Bruce Dempsey
May 21st, 2017, 07:31 AM
This is the issue which caused me the most stress when making the move away from DV tape.
I just new someday there would be a catastrophic failure costing me immediate lose of income from the gig and a valuable regular client.
Well I've lost lots of regular clients over the years but none due to sd card failure lol. This was a real close call however as I decided at the last minute to record externally as well as the live stream and internal recording.
Redundancy rulz