View Full Version : 30v battery solution

Paul Mailath
May 31st, 2017, 06:56 AM
I have a set of dracast Boltray lights which run on 30vDc off an ac power adapter. I'd like to come up with a battery solution and I'm thinking about 2 v-mounts in series - the specs say the light runs on 28-32v. anyone tried anything like this?

Paul Mailath
June 2nd, 2017, 03:54 AM
gee - maybe no one has? I have a v mount charger that is not working and it can provide 15v from 2 v-mounts connected in parallel so surely it's possible to provide 30v in series

Warren Kawamoto
June 2nd, 2017, 07:26 PM
Correct, if you connect them in series, it will work! I did the same with Anton Bauer batteries. My AB batteries were 14.4 volts, which powered 30v lights and such just fine.

Paul Anderegg
July 4th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I have an old leather battery belt, with built in charger, it's switchable between 14v and 30v.

With two AB's in series, you will get a bit of browning of the light, simply because of the load introduced reducing voltage dramatically. I used to shoot 250watt 30v back in my earlier ENG days. You can buy an old leather or nylon used DOA 30v belt on eBay, and actually have it recelled with more current Li-Ion cells!

Paul

Paul Anderegg
July 4th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Velcro, I likey.

LibertyPak - PowerBelt (http://www.libertypak.com/powerbelt.html)