View Full Version : For those who have moved on, what are you shooting with now??

Mark Goodsell
July 10th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Hey, I love this X70! It has it's quirks, but what other camcorder with good audio, and decent auto features allows a person to shoot great HD or 4k footage in such a small package that can break down to a pedestrian-looking package for descrete shooting?

But, if you've moved on to another Camcorder or Camera, preferrably one that shoots 4k, (4:2:2 would be nice), what setup are you using now? Or does anyone have any word of an improved version or similar unit coming out be it Sony/JVC/Panasonic? I need run and gun capability, smaller is better. Just looking forward, wondering what others are doing, or considering doing?

Canon XC15??

Thanks

Paul Anderegg
July 11th, 2017, 02:00 AM
I moved on to an X180, then an X200, then a Z150, I got rid of all of those, but still use the X70 as my primary camera.

If I didn't need live streaming, I would move on to the Panasonic UX180.

Paul

Paul Cronin
August 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Interesting Paul that you feel the UX180 is that much better?

Scott Ash
August 15th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Interesting Paul that you feel the UX180 is that much better?

Yep... 120fps slowmo and 20x optical zoom wins hands down, but the price reflects those capabilities. Not much can compete with the X70 in the sub $2500 price range.

Paul Cronin
August 15th, 2017, 01:43 PM
That is a pretty broad statement. I would not say hands down for me, but maybe for you. The Z150 does 120fps, and 20x is only need if you are locked down and need the reach. I use different cameras for long reach.