View Full Version : Error message?

Jeff Harper
July 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM
E:61:10 is flashing on my LCD and I have no idea what it means. I switched batteries and cards, to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Andrew Smith
July 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM
This is the very first result that came up for a Google search for "E:61:10".

how to bypass the Error 61:10 from sony camcorder - YouTube

Andrew

Mark Goodsell
July 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Quick question, are you using the latest firmware? Does it happen everytime you turn on the camcorder ...and stay on, and screen blank? Did the 'trick' shown in your link work? Was it super-hot, humid or wet when this happened?

Another idea is to remove the battery, turn it on (with no battery installed), hold the 'record' button for 10 seconds. I would turn off the camcorder and repeat the process. Install a fresh Sony (not aftermarket) battery. See if that helps.

Donald McPherson
July 19th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Happened to me once. This fix as long as it looks bazaar does work. Its got something to do with the image stabilisation.

Mark Goodsell
July 20th, 2017, 08:19 AM
So... the 'trick' is, you just start the camcorder up in a vertical position, that's all? Does it usually continue to operate normally each time ya start it up after that?

Maybe there's a stabilization servo or associated hardware that didn't actuate properly (sticky or becoming defective??), but DOES work in a different orientation allowing the processor to receive the proper feedback that all systems are 'go' and complete the start-up process. I had a situation with a relative's DSLR a couple weeks ago that would also fail the start-up 'ok' process. The motor that actuates the mirror is supposed to wiggle,vibrate or whatever on start-up to prove it's working, and it wasn't. Bad motor. Fortunately it was in China and you just take it to one of the wizz-kid shops and in a couple days it's fixed for not a whole lot of money (good luck doing that here!!).

Glad you got your unit working again!

Donald McPherson
July 20th, 2017, 11:57 AM
I've only had to do this once.