View Full Version : Foreign language to English Audio/Video converter

Steve Bleasdale
July 26th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Hi there i recently filmed a Chinese wedding and his speech is very emotional. For my film and trailer i would love to put subtitles over the video. Is there a app or software that can tell me what he is saying so i can subtitle the speech.
I dont want to pester the bride and groom and want it to be a surprise to them.
When i planned the event with them they the speech was all in English but then they surprised me with the second part in Chinese. Any help would be grateful as i have googled without success. Steve

Jim Michael
July 26th, 2017, 04:57 AM
I would pay a translator so you get an accurate rendition. The Google speech API does a pretty good job of speech interpretation but it's not perfect, nor is Dragon or other engines. Your web searches are most likely going to yield cloud services using similar software so I would search locally. For a test I could run a sample through Google speech if you decide to go that route, pm for info.

Paul Kellett
July 26th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I'd go to the local Chinese takeaway !!

Paul

Steve Bleasdale
July 26th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Thanks for reply guys good shout Paul!!! Thanks Jim

Steve Bleasdale
July 26th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Surely there must be a iphone app that i can put to my computer to listen then type it out for me?

Cary Knoop
July 26th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Using some gadget to translate will in the best case give a goofy and in the worst case an embarrassing translation.

If you want to translate I would make sure it is translated professionally or don't do it at all.

Noa Put
July 27th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Using some gadget to translate will in the best case give a goofy and in the worst case an embarrassing translation.

It would have the same result as google translate, you also have to consider that it might have been a Chinese dialect so just asking a random Chinese person won't help, best and cheapest option is to contact someone of the couples family or friends and ask if they can help with the translation.

Steve Bleasdale
July 27th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Thanks Noa exactly what i have done to his best man. cheers.

Paul Mailath
August 1st, 2017, 04:45 AM
I've used Vanan Online Services in the past - well priced, quick and accurate

Miggy Sanchez
August 1st, 2017, 05:08 AM
+1 on human translation. Especially for something as important as a wedding.