View Full Version : Removing Acne

Brock Burwell
July 27th, 2017, 07:34 AM
I have a father of the groom reviewing a wedding highlight of his son and he asked me if it was possible to remove the acne on his sons face in a few shots. I'm sure this is possible somehow but I don't know how.

Is this a realistic request?

Pete Cofrancesco
July 27th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Include a bottle a Clearasil with the dvd. Lol

I once had a client ask me to edit the video to make her less fat.

Noa Put
July 27th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Maybe in after effects by placing a mask over the acne and track the face? I had a bride last year with acne, in such a case I stay clear from extreme closeups and just keep more distance.

Nate Haustein
July 27th, 2017, 09:12 AM
There are some "digital makeup" plugins available that give varying results. I have one from FCPeffects.com and it kinda sorta works sometimes: https://www.fcpeffects.com/collections/new-stuff/products/skin-smoother-2

Dave Farrants
July 27th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Photoshop can handle video. Use Healing brush on a layer and setup an action.

Pete Cofrancesco
July 27th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Maybe in after effects by placing a mask over the acne and track the face? I had a bride last year with acne, in such a case I stay clear from extreme closeups and just keep more distance.
good point
I'm more sensitive to this now. One should never lose sight of filming what's most flattering that means a wider shot for the older less attractive.

Josh Bass
July 30th, 2017, 10:59 PM
i have some of the sheffield softworks plugins, which include several digital makeup programs. Pretty incredible. should be able to get a trial to see if they work for you.

Jim Andrada
August 3rd, 2017, 05:22 PM
There are some Mocha tutorials around showing how to do this. Not sure I'd get Mocha just for this, but the AE version will probably do it.

Jim Feeley
August 7th, 2017, 09:56 AM
You could also try Beaty Box from Digital Anarchy. Works with Premiere, FCP 7 & X, Resolve, Vegas, AE, etc.

Demo version available.

Info, examples, tutorials, etc:

https://digitalanarchy.com/beautyVID/main.html

Brock Burwell
August 8th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I just told him I couldn't remove acne in video like they can in photos and he was fine with it.