View Full Version : New Guys Rock!!!

Steven Digges
July 27th, 2017, 11:06 AM
In the last couple of months I have noticed a lot of new shooters participating on this forum. That is awesome! I'm talkin to all of you that have 50 posts or less. Welcome to DVINFO.net. I'm glad you found us. I am not a mod or wrangler. I am just some guy that has enjoyed this forum for a little while.

I consider this board to be the most valuable video information resource for anyone of any level of expertise on the entire internet. What makes this place so awesome is the people. Just like you new guys that were not afraid to put your name on your first post and join the community. Here at DVINFO Pros help Pros and anyone else with a desire to lean or contribute from their own experience. We all benefit from everyone else's knowledge. You will find much more truth than smack talk here.

If I can make a suggestion, and I will. The best way to become familiar with this community is to spread your posts around to the appropriate sub forums. Please don't pidgeonn hole yourself. For example some wedding guys make every post in the wedding sub forum so they can communicate with other wedding guys. Nothing truly wrong with that, their an amazing group of wedding shooters from all over the world. But lets say you have an audio question. The audio forum has a core group of audio professionals with many years of recording, broadcast, and production experience. Get to know them too. Most of them don't bite, hard, I have seen them design entire audio set ups for complicated wedding scenarios just because someone provided the details and asked the question.

Anyway, I noticed you are here and wanted to say welcome aboard. This forum can't be beat!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Chris Hurd
July 28th, 2017, 05:49 PM
You've made my whole week with this, Steven... I shoulda been the one saying it. Sure glad you stepped up to the plate here -- much appreciated!

John Kofonow
July 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Chris,

I noticed how many times you have contributed by posting. I would have to say "You Rock"!

John

Tony McGuire
July 29th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Like John says Chris you have helped out a lot of members on here long time members and the new one who are going to ask the odd question which has be asked before and you have always help.

The main thing I have notice about this forum is that every one is frendly with each other and there is no one putting what someone has said down. There is also someone about with an answer(s) to someones problem.

I myself have been along time reader and have leaned alot and I have joined up as I needed to ask a questiona and I got some very good answers.

Its the people on this forum who make it for what is and they have made it a friendly place

Tony

Seth Bloombaum
July 29th, 2017, 03:33 PM
New Gals Rock too!!!

Chris Hurd
July 30th, 2017, 08:39 AM
...there is no one putting what someone has said down.

Actually that happens here from time to time but we try to catch it.

The trick is to take that sort of thing out of public view while leaving all of the helpful stuff in place.

Criticism and disagreement are often *very* helpful but it needs to be delivered in a polite, constructive, non-confrontational way. And that is always welcome on DV Info Net.

But if there's nonsense or rudeness then yes that tends to "go away."

If you see something like that here, you can help us out by bringing it to our attention with the Report Post button (the little "!" icon to the left of any post). Making a public reply to it is generally not a good idea as it just creates more work for us -- and by "us" I mean there's just a couple of us that ever do any editing on the discussion threads.

It's kinda like gardening. Keep the weeds from grabbing hold so as to let the flora thrive.