View Full Version : Wild Turkey Time - Jeff Holmes

Jeff Holmes
August 1st, 2017, 12:57 PM
Really couldn't get up to the mountains to get what I wanted this time, but luckily I came across a turkey who decided to have a staring contest with me.

Steve Siegel
August 1st, 2017, 07:07 PM
I really liked the old-time, black and white, hand-held, shaky film approach. But just as I was settling in to see what else you were going to come up with, it ended! You might want to do this longer.

Bob Safay
August 2nd, 2017, 07:49 AM
Jeff, what a fun video. I really think the way you tried to make it look like an old silent B&W movie turned out great. I am looking forward to the sequel. Bob

LeRoy Gunderson
August 4th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Interesting and different presentation. Except for the background vehicles it could have easily passed for a film from the early days. Very unique and I enjoyed watching it.

Trond Saetre
August 5th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Hi Jeff,

Very cool that you made it black & white and look old. As mentioned, the vehicles in the background kinda ruined that old feeling, but that's just a detail.
Hope to see more films from you in future UWOL challenges.

Here is Jeff's film:
UWOL43 - Wild Turkey Time by Jeff Holmes on Vimeo

Rob Cantwell
August 6th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Something different eh?

Yeah was a bit short. Still you put in the effort.

Andrew Hood
August 6th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Short and sweet. Nice job stylizing the video - it all combined together well: desaturating, grain, music, and vignette type fade-out.
Hopefully you can get up the mountains next round, or wherever the theme takes you.

Bryce Comer
August 7th, 2017, 06:49 PM
As others have said, short & sweet. I too liked you old style film effect. Would also have like to see what you could have come up with if you had been able to make it to where you wanted to film originally.