View Full Version : ATEM Television Studio HD is now shipping

Charlie Steiner
August 8th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I would consider this, but would need to know how the BM software functions in the real world. Looks good "on paper" https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/atemtelevisionstudiohd/software

Charles Papert
August 9th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Have been using the Television Studio with the software interface for a couple of years. I'm not doing live switching with it, but I have very few complaints (the keyer is pretty awful, unless that has improved in the new version).

Chris Harding
August 9th, 2017, 06:31 PM
I was interested in the baby brother (the $999.00 unit) but what put me off was the SDI output only .. Where does your mixed signal go from there? My encoders only have HDMI input (Teradek) so one assumes a converter is required??

I found the keyer in Livestream Studio is really flaky for me and it should be great on a professional software switcher like that yet the Chromakey on OBS (the free switcher) is awesome ..it has a "one click" keyer and seems to handle anything without any further adjustment.

Charles Papert
August 9th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Well, SDI to HDMI converters are just about literally dime a dozen these days! Blackmagic's own micro-converter is $85 and there are plenty of cheaper ones that work just fine too.

My workflow is almost all SDI so I don't have that concern. Also I'm using the earlier version of the ATEM Television Studio which does also have an HDMI out that I use for a transmitter (no idea why they would have removed that for the new version).

Charlie Steiner
August 11th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that's definitely a minus the single output, SDI. but Decimator has a $99 either-way HDMI-SDI converter coming out next month.