View Full Version : UWOL 44, Sign up here

Trond Saetre
August 15th, 2017, 02:46 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the next UWOL Challenge.

It doesn't matter if you never have touched a camera before, or if you are a professional veteran. UWOL is open for everyone. An important aspect is the process of giving/ receiving feedback, which leads to the ultimate goal of UWOL: To make each and everyone of you better film makers, by pushing your limits and improve your own skills.

Theme release: September 1, 2017 - Notice that signup closes prior to theme release.
Deadline: October 1, 2017, midnight wherever you are.

PS: Notice this new discussion about the next "get together" event:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge-our-newest-contest/534488-uwol-get-together-2018-a.html

Andrew Hood
August 15th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Sign me up. Hopefully the shorter timeframe will force me to get started earlier this time ;-)

Bryce Comer
August 15th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Me too please.

LeRoy Gunderson
August 16th, 2017, 07:14 AM
I am ready for another try. Sign me up please.

Vishal Jadhav
August 17th, 2017, 02:21 AM
Will give it a try this time around

Paul Wood
August 17th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Sign me up too, please!

Tony McGuire
August 21st, 2017, 03:35 PM
I am new to this and willing to have a go. Sign me up please. Now I hope to get the time to film something.

Trond Saetre
August 21st, 2017, 03:55 PM
Welcome to UWOL, Tony!
Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.

Tony McGuire
August 22nd, 2017, 06:44 AM
Hi Trond,

Thank you for the welcome. I have been reading the past themes and have had a few iedas come in to my head for them. The bit seeing fun is getting to to max of 4 minutes long could be the hard part but I take it can be shorter than 4 if needed.

I will just have to wait and see what the theme is for this one.

Trond Saetre
August 22nd, 2017, 06:51 AM
The bit seeing fun is getting to to max of 4 minutes long could be the hard part but I take it can be shorter than 4.
Very true! No minimum duration, only a max limit of 4,0 minutes. Remember that a 30 second film can be of higher quality than a 4 minute. :)

Kevin Railsback
August 25th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Still coming down from my filming the eclipse high.
Put me down for a go at it.
Wish the challenge was going on right now since we are in Yellowstone filming night and day

Geir Inge
August 29th, 2017, 04:29 AM
I sign up, in the simple belief that this time I will get something on the memory stick.

Paul Mailath
August 29th, 2017, 11:54 PM
I'm up for it again - it's wedding season here, full on - but I'll do my best to get something in the can.

Bob Safay
August 30th, 2017, 04:35 AM
Unfortunately I can not sign up for this as I will be in the Canadian Rockies at the end of the month and no way to edit or submit. However, I wanted to ask Kevin if you had any issues over permits while videoing in Yellowstone? Bob

Trond Saetre
August 31st, 2017, 10:35 PM
Signup is now officially closed.