View Full Version : Canon C200 BP-a60 battery aftermarket options

Dylan Couper
August 23rd, 2017, 12:45 PM
I can't believe Canon is charging almost 10% the cost of the camera body for a freaking battery. This is ridiculous.

Anyone using aftermarket A60 batteries that they recommend?

Dan Brockett
August 24th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I can't believe Canon is charging almost 10% the cost of the camera body for a freaking battery. This is ridiculous.

Anyone using aftermarket A60 batteries that they recommend?

There are none. I'm using big old 177 Wh V-Mounts. They are big and heavy but I can run the camera and my Ninja Blade recorder all day on one. It's nice not having to change batteries anymore.

Dylan Couper
August 30th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Hey Dan
I picked up a couple spare A30's but yeah... V-Mount seems the way to go. I can't believe Canon priced these batteries more than a freakin' V-mount battery. Amazing... :(

Dan Brockett
August 31st, 2017, 09:35 AM
Hey Dan
I picked up a couple spare A30's but yeah... V-Mount seems the way to go. I can't believe Canon priced these batteries more than a freakin' V-mount battery. Amazing... :(

It strikes me as unusual that none of the usual third party suspects have come out with BP-A30/60 knock offs. The Canons are so overpriced that someone like Wasabi could make a knock off with good cells, add a D-Tap and sell it for two thirds of what Canon sells them for. Wasabi or any other third party could probably make a really healthy profit and all C300 MKII and C200 owners would buy them. It's making me gag to pay $500.00 for a BP-A60, not a good value at all.

Travis Andersen
August 31st, 2017, 09:59 AM
I hear you Dan, that would be great. But Full Compass has the cheapest price Ive seen yet
Canon BP A60 Battery Pack for EOS C300 Mark II | Full Compass (http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/526014-Canon-BP-A60)

Dan Brockett
September 1st, 2017, 08:28 AM
I saw that too. Notice it says "Special Order" only though, they don't have them in stock and they say a couple of weeks to receive. That is a great price, I might chance it. Wonder how or why they can sell so low? They obviously are not an authorized Canon dealer if they sell at that price, wonder if there would be gray market or warranty issues?

Travis Andersen
September 1st, 2017, 04:26 PM
There are photos and legit battery remarks on the Canon C200 User FB page. I have 3 of the A30's and the V-mount battery so I think Im fine for awhile.

Dylan Couper
October 27th, 2017, 12:16 PM
I went to go buy a spare battery charger and realized the cheapest charger is basically $500.

My yacht runs 6x 8D batteries (which weigh like 150lbs each) and the new charger I bought for them cost $500 and was marine grade.

Canon, this is pure abuse of your client base.

FU.

Travis Andersen
October 27th, 2017, 02:56 PM
hahahah yeah. This is why I went V-mount