View Full Version : Insert bag for c200

Richard Kane
September 14th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I just received the tom bihn brain bag as someone
suggested might be a good solution for carrying around the
C200 and a lens. I am surprised how big the bag is and indeed the camera will easily fit in the bag.
Any suggestions for a possible insertion that will fit the c200 to put in the bag?

Dan Brockett
September 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I just received the tom bihn brain bag as someone
suggested might be a good solution for carrying around the
C200 and a lens. I am surprised how big the bag is and indeed the camera will easily fit in the bag.
Any suggestions for a possible insertion that will fit the c200 to put in the bag?

That was either me or Slavik B who recommended it. I bought a Tenba insert, can't recall the model though. It was about $50.00. I just flew back from Atlanta last night with my C200, 80D, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 2.8 IS, laptop and drives in the Brain Bag, love it, it's better than my Cinebags CB-25 IMHO. Did you get a pile of the Domke lens wraps to cushion everything.

Richard Kane
September 15th, 2017, 07:47 PM
thanks for that info was wondering how to protect the gear in the brain bag will order some of those wraps
i bought the teneba 21 roller bag which was kind of expensive. I may return it and just use the brain bag.
Other option is to keep both use the roller on the airplane and when i get to destination just use the brain bag.

Worried everything in the brain bag may be to heavy, I realize I may take slack for that comment and be advised to head to the gym

Dan Brockett
September 17th, 2017, 08:06 PM
thanks for that info was wondering how to protect the gear in the brain bag will order some of those wraps
i bought the teneba 21 roller bag which was kind of expensive. I may return it and just use the brain bag.
Other option is to keep both use the roller on the airplane and when i get to destination just use the brain bag.

Worried everything in the brain bag may be to heavy, I realize I may take slack for that comment and be advised to head to the gym

Not sure if you read Slavik B's article but the way you do it is put your camera, lenses and laptop in the Brain Bag. You put all of the other junk into a Sachtler DR 3 Bag. That way, if you are flagged or required to check the Sachtler, you still have your most expensive and fragile gear in the Bihn Bag.

It's all down at the bottom of this page. I've been using this method for 8 months and three international productions on two separate documentaries, it's changed how I carry gear forever.

Video Production Equipment for Documentary Filmmaking - Gear Dads (http://www.geardads.com/video-production-equipment-documentary-filmmaking/)