View Full Version : Does Sony X70 output AUDIO through HDMI output?

José Manuel López
September 26th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Hi!, I would like to know if the X70 is able to output the audio from a XLR shotgun mic plugged into the camera through its HDMI output.

I'm checking if I can make straight video and XLR mic audio streamings all from the X70 using this Elgato Cam Link HDMI - USB3.0 doongle:

https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Cam-Link-streaming-recording/dp/B0748QYPX9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506418142&sr=8-1&keywords=ELGATO+CAM+LINK

At this moment I don't have any HDMI cable to check if the X70 outputs audio plugging it to the HDMI port of a regular TV.

Can anybody confirm me that the X70 trows out audio through its HDMI output?

Thanks!

Chris Harding
September 26th, 2017, 05:12 AM
All my cameras have always outputted both video and audio via HDMI ..it's the standard protocol so I see no reason why the X70 would not do the same.

What switcher are you intending to use with Elgato capture units? Some don't find the camera as a USB input especially Livestream Studio ... Just check first before you decide which combination to use. WE are using Elgato Capture HD60 and they work very well with OBS (which is free)

Donald McPherson
September 26th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Also if in the future you add a second camera use a different brand of USB converter to avert driver clash.