View Full Version : Mixed media preview for clients

Steven Davis
September 28th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Does any one have any experience or opinions on what is a good mixed media online solution for preview for clients.

For example, I have video and images and want to have a single spot for preview so we can collaborate on projects. I have vimeo and my blog/smugmug for pictures. Smugmug will do both, but the compression on smugmug is not something that is consistent.

Seth Bloombaum
September 28th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Och, that's a problem, AFAIK. I've not seen a mixed media site like that.

One solution would be to roll some website pages using Wordpress. More work, and maybe a knowlege gap to overcome, but once you know how it's pretty straightforward.

A side benefit is that wordpress has user/password access built-in, if you need that.

Seth Bloombaum
September 29th, 2017, 12:04 AM
I was just looking at google sites, sites.google.com. If you have a google account, it's dead easy to embed a graphic, add text, and embed a YT video. It looks like Youtube only...

Roger Van Duyn
September 29th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I've done it in the past with Google Docs, Google Drive... and also have done the same thing with DropBox. In effect, you set up a shared folder in Google or DropBox. Presumably, you can do the same with Microsoft's Cloud, Amazon's Cloud etc. The key is setting up a shared folder. Whatever type of file you put in the folder, text, pictures, video, should work. Of course, each provider probably has certain differences on file types, codecs etc. that they support.

Hope this helps.