View Full Version : Rendering video for jumbotron.

Jerry Jesion
October 4th, 2017, 10:30 PM
I am tasked to render some HD video for use on a jumbotron. I contacted the tech folks about the required format and received the following specs: Video Board: 720x480 AVI, Matrox I Frame, 29.97fps, .9 pixel. Not sure what to make of the Matrox spec. When I search on it it appears to be for MPEG-2. Anyone have any idea of what exactly they are looking for, and can Vegas supply it?

Regards,
Jerry Jesion

Juris Lielpeteris
October 5th, 2017, 04:45 AM
Try Matrox VFW Software Codecs Matrox Video - Support - Matrox VFW Software Codecs Downloads (http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/windows/vfw_software_codecs/downloads/softwares/version1.0/)

Jeremiah Rickert
October 12th, 2017, 10:44 PM
What model of Jumbotron do you have? When we were still using an SD board, we had to render at 720x486 to make it work. It was a pain in the butt.

Jerry Jesion
October 16th, 2017, 03:02 PM
The jumbotron issue was overstated. There was an HDMI input that took any codec that VLC (or any display software) put out. Re-encoding not necessary. The vids didn't look too bad either.

Regards,
Jerry

Brian Berg
October 21st, 2017, 12:33 PM
I haven't seen a Jumbotron in 20+ years. Are you sure it just isn't a LED video wall? An Imagepro will scale to anything you need anyways.