View Full Version : 4K-Yes, LCD-No

Dan Gunn
October 6th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I just spent 2 1/2 days shooting outdoors in bright sunlight. Job requirements called for 4K so I whipped out my X70 and mounted my wonderful SmallHD 5" monitor with the "Sidefinder" viewfinder. That viewfinder is great outdoors.

Here comes the rub: I can't view the operating details except on the camera's viewfinder and LCD. Shooting run and gun you OFTEN must make changes. On a static shoot, you set the details and forget it. I do not like having to remove my eye from my external monitor, look through the camera viewfinder and make my changes and then go back to the external monitor.

The X70 has got to go! So which Sony cameras do not present this problem??? My budget is under 10K.

Craig Seeman
October 6th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Do you have frame marker on by any chance?
I haven't checked this but otherwise you should get everything out to your monitor I'd think.

Donald McPherson
October 7th, 2017, 02:12 AM
Chiu Yeung Ngan At the Display Menu, select “Display Output”, then select “All Output”.
Pls be careful if you are using an external recorder, as all data display will also recorded in the recorder!

Dan Gunn
October 7th, 2017, 05:34 AM
I have tried all the options mentioned to no success!

Lou Bruno
October 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Try the re-set button???

Dan Gunn
October 7th, 2017, 05:11 PM
DUH.....no.

Paul Anderegg
October 9th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Do you get display output text when in HD record mode?

Paul

Dan Gunn
October 9th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Paul, I don't know. I always shoot in 4K. Will check it tomorrow.

Dan Gunn
October 13th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Do you get display output text when in HD record mode?

Paul

Paul, I don't get the screen info into my external monitor with 4K or 2K. Now I will check if the Z90 shares the same bad habit.

Paul Anderegg
October 24th, 2017, 01:13 AM
For what it is worth, the Z90 product page says this...

3G- SDI output and more To support the broadcast environment, the PXW-Z90V incorporates 3G-SDI output, HDMI® terminal, and a Multi/Micro USB port that accommodates composite video and analog audio output. The camera can send a Rec Trigger signal to an external recorder via 3G-SDI or HDMI connection. For maximum flexibility, all three video outputs – 3G-SDI, HDMI and composite – are active during 4K (3840 x 2160) recording.