View Full Version : OpenMemories: Tweak

Alex Anderson
October 11th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Has anyone used this hack to remove the half hour recording time limit on their a7sii? Are there any issues, such as over heating, etc., by using this hack and recording longer, continuous files past the original half hour limit?

Nate Haustein
October 11th, 2017, 05:58 AM
No issues for me.

Alex Anderson
October 11th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Thanx Nate. Can you record 4k at a concert for two hours non stop with external batteries that will last that long and not get any overheating issues with the a7sii? I am considering buying an a7sii or a7siii if Sony happens to announce one before December. So I cannot test one.

Gary Huff
October 11th, 2017, 09:29 AM
I have filmed for 90 straight minutes in UHD on the A7R Mark II. One thing to keep in mind is that if you suffer a power loss for any reason, it can corrupt the MP4 file. Had that happen one time and it was quite a PITA to fix.

Nate Haustein
October 11th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Yes, I’ve done 2.5 hours on several occasions with a 10,000 mAh Anker battery pack. No overheating. HOWEVER, I believe the new firmware (v3.xx) on the A7Sii does not allow for installing the tweak. You’d need either a used camera that already has it, or some older stock. If you’re planning on buying, the sooner the better, and buy local so you can check the firmware version before purchase. It’s a great camera in my opinion.

Alex Anderson
October 11th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Or, maybe the person who made the hack could also update it to work withe the latest firmware.