View Full Version : Sony FRD-X3000

Paul Cronin
October 14th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I am having a bit of a problem with my 3000. It is only recording 8 seconds then stops the clip. Any help? Thanks

Paul Cronin
October 14th, 2017, 10:39 AM
So I have run through the full menu and checked every setting. Not sure what happen on a shoot yesterday, but thankfully I had another camera backing up the POV part of the shoot. So no harm done.

Now I have shut off Bluetooth, and Wifi since I can just set the camera up and go most of the time. Will see how that works tomorrow.

But if anyone has had the same problem, be nice to hear from you if you resolved it?

Steven Digges
October 14th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Paul,

Mine did that once too. On what was supposed to be a 6 minute clip it recorded 6 clips that were all 1 minute and one second long. They were not frame accurate, there was just enough of a gap between them that they would not match. Thankfully it was the last roll of the day. Everything before that (and since) had been fine. I still don't know what I did or the camera did to cause this? The camera was suction cup mounted to a 4x4 truck on a rough trail but I have done that several times with no problem. I don't remember if I had the remote view on at the time or not.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Paul Cronin
October 14th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Steve,

That does not sound right.

Mine was just 8 sec clips, but hopefully tomorrow it will work for a few five min clips. I can not monitor once it is in record, since I am on a boat by myself and it just has to run. So we will see.

The 1000 never gave me this problem and the 1000 seemed to have better wifi connection. I still have that one but like the 3000 picture a lot better.

Steven Digges
October 14th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Paul, is it recording multiple 8 second clips or stopping record every 8 seconds?

Steve

Paul Cronin
October 15th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Hi Steven,

Yea, it would record 8 seconds and then shut off. Did that twice. Thought I would get out today to film a few clips for one of my shows but raining again. Maybe tomorrow.

Paul Cronin
October 17th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Well used it again the last two days and did not use Wifi, just straight camera. Worked great both times. So must be wifi connection lost and then shuts off?