View Full Version : Wildlife with the Canon EOS C200

Per Johan Naesje
November 30th, 2017, 05:51 PM
6 weeks ago I received my C200. Been some interesting weeks with tears and joy. But this is an amazing camcorder
It records Canon new RAW Lite to cfast cards, but the file size is enormous! A 128GB card takes only about 16 minutes to fill. But the RAW footage looks amazing
For wildlife recordings in remote areas when backup is near impossible, I will therefore try to use the MP4, 8bit codec, recording to SDHC cards. Have been testing it some time and I am quite happy with it.
This week I was up in the mountain area of Norway and recorded some wildlife at Langedrag Wildlife Park
The film show some of the footage I got on this trip. Recorded in MP4, UHD, 4.2.0, 8bit in 60p, clog3
Applied a basic LUT and some minor adjustment and slowed down 50% in a 30p timeline.
All footage shot with a EF 70-200 f2.8 IS II USM lens
The camcorder worked flawlessly in this cold environment with temperature during afternoon -20 degrees celsius (-4F)

Langedrag Naturpark on Vimeo

Trond Saetre
December 1st, 2017, 03:42 AM
Very nice, Per Johan!
It's an amazing camera you got there! So crisp details, the colors...
Thank you for sharing.

Bob Safay
December 13th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Per, great footage. I am very interested in your opinion of the C200 as I am considering getting one. Thanks for your review. Bob

Vishal Jadhav
December 22nd, 2017, 09:21 AM
Very nice footage
looks great considering that its still 4:2:0 8bit