View Full Version : How to mount my rode ntg3 on c100mkii?

Arthur Abramov
January 5th, 2018, 03:41 AM
The microphone mount is too wide, the radius body of the mic is narrow. How do you guys handle it?

Andy Wilkinson
January 5th, 2018, 08:51 AM
This comes up every few months...just use some rubber/neoprene 'O' Rings from a DIY store or Plumbers mechants. Find a size that is a good fit and roll a couple onto the mic at the mounting end. Job done. Very inexpensive too.

Jon Roemer
January 5th, 2018, 09:01 AM
For a while I used some rubber no-slip pad. I cut a small piece, ~1" wide and 4" long, I could wrap around the mic. Worked fine.

I then found this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/706564-REG/Rycote_037319_CC_Hotshoe_Camera_Clamp_Adaptor.html/BI/2855/KBID/3801

You don't need the hotshoe piece but the other piece, the shim, fits a Rode NTG-2 and fills it out enough fit in the mic holder of a C100, C300 Mark I.

Edward Carlson
January 5th, 2018, 09:04 AM
I just use a few wraps of electrical or gaffers tape.

Dan Brockett
January 7th, 2018, 09:58 AM
I too just wind a bunch of gaffers tape around the mic tube but the rubber O rings are a more elegant solution and probably add a bit more handling isolation.

The other thing is, don't rely on camera mounted mics for anything other than ambient, your camera is the absolute worst place to record sound from. But you probably knew that? ;-)