View Full Version : Zacuto Axis Mini for Sony FS7 reviews

Paul Cronin
January 13th, 2018, 09:06 AM
I am looking for owners who have purchased the Zacuto Axis Mini for Sony FS7 and can give me their thoughts?

I broke the 90 degree rod clamp that comes with the FS7 and need to update. The Vocas option is discontinued.

Will decide by tomorrow Sunday.

Christopher Young
January 15th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Sorry Paul do you mean this Vocas one? Andorama have stock of them:

http://ebay.to/2D8nVWr

Chris Young

Paul Cronin
January 15th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Thanks Chris,

I did not know they were still selling it. Vocas has it discontinued on their site. My Axis Mini is on the way since I need it for Wed.

Appreciate the link.

Christopher Young
January 16th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Good one Paul.

Let us all know your thoughts on the Zacuto. I for one would be very interested to hear.

Chris Young
Sydney

Paul Cronin
January 16th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Sure Chris,

Happy to let you know in just over a week, after I use it on two very different jobs.

Paul Cronin
January 16th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Axis Mini for FS7 VF arrived short time ago. First impression is nice quality. And piece of cake to install. The friction mounts are a great feature, going from shoulder to tripod I do not have to touch anything just move it. And level is there once you lock in the VF on the mount. I was off by 1.5 degrees and just readjusted once now it is done.

Going in my Portabrace CTC-3B no tools involved, just two grips off and in. Will give job hands on use soon.

Christopher Young
January 17th, 2018, 02:24 AM
Looks good Paul!

That what I was wanting to hear, answered my questions how adjustable it was without having to constantly undo and redo clamps. Thanks for the update.

Chris Young

Paul Cronin
February 7th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Three more jobs and I don't even think about the Zacuto Axis Mini, I just use it. Works great. You have to adjust the tension at times, but that is just small adjustments on the thumb nob. Mostly after flying and going through wide range of temps.

Highly recommend it.