View Full Version : UWOL 45 publishing of the films delayed - tech issue with Vimeo

Trond Saetre
February 1st, 2018, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I am delaying the publishing of the submitted UWOL 45 films, due to a technical issue with one of the films.
This particular film was uploaded well before the deadline, but it won't play.

Therefore I have requested this individual to re-upload his film as soon as possible.
I plan to publish the films as soon as this is solved, and hopefully by tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay, but I think it is fair that all films are given an equal chance, especially since it is a technical issue with vimeo.

(As a heads up to all players in the future: It is always a good thing to check that your films are properly uploaded and plays as it should)

Trond Saetre
February 2nd, 2018, 03:42 AM
Update:
Still working on a solution. It appears that upload goes well, but then something happens when vimeo is doing "its thing- prepairing the file" for viewing.

I'll keep you updated.

Bryce Comer
February 2nd, 2018, 09:10 AM
Hi Trond,
Would it be possible to upload the film to Youtube as well & if Vimeo refuses, maybe a link can be made to the Youtube version??

Mick Jenner
February 2nd, 2018, 10:30 AM
Hi Tronde, not sure what is causing your issue but, maybe re encoding to a different codec/format may solve the the issue.

Trond Saetre
February 2nd, 2018, 02:05 PM
The problem is that the video file is successfully uploaded to Vimeo. After that, something went wrong and Vimeo somehow doesn't recognize the video file, and gives the error "file does not exist".

I have never encountered this or similar issues myself, so I'm kinda lost here and not sure how to fix it.

Yes, I would accept it if Gordon manage to upload his video to youtube or his personal vimeo account, if he has any of those.
Thanks for the tips, Bryce!

Per Johan Naesje
February 2nd, 2018, 03:23 PM
as other says, try and re-encode from the finished edited timeline
I would also suggest just cut 1-2 frames in the beginning and end of the film! I have successfully done that earlier with a film which did not transcoded properly on vimeo
Note that even if vimeo upload the film successfully it will transcode it afterwards and if there are any errors in the file it will not show up afterwards

just my 2 cents

Gordon Hoffman
February 2nd, 2018, 07:09 PM
Hey everybody I'm not going to worry about this. The only place I up load videos to is UWOL This is what I know. The file uploaded successfully. The file converted successfully. When the video popped up it displayed a frame from the middle of the video. I clicked on play and played like it should. I didn't play it all the way because uploading twice and what not has used up 1/3 of my data plan and I still have three weeks to go in this month. I want to try something yet if Trond lets me but I don't want to cause him any more work as he puts enough time into doing this.
Thanks everyone.

Gordon

Bryce Comer
February 2nd, 2018, 07:13 PM
Let me know if there is anything i can do to help Gordon. Not sure what i can do, but let me know if you think of anything. Good luck!!
I am more than happy to keep holding off until this is sorted out.

Trond Saetre
February 3rd, 2018, 01:30 AM
I want to try something yet if Trond lets me but I don't want to cause him any more work as he puts enough time into doing this.
Gordon, go ahead! If you have any idea how to solve this issue, feel free to try it out.

Gordon Hoffman
February 3rd, 2018, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I got it to work sort of.

Gordon

Catherine Russell
February 3rd, 2018, 08:28 AM
Let me know if there is anything i can do to help Gordon. Not sure what i can do, but let me know if you think of anything. Good luck!!

Hi Gordon, I sincerely hope your idea works. If not being able to upload again due to data restrictions becomes the show stopper, could you mail your video to Bryce and he upload for you? In UWOL he's your nearest neighbor and he is at the ready to help with a solution.

Best always,

Cat

Oh! You beat me with a solution. Congrats!

Gordon Hoffman
February 3rd, 2018, 08:36 PM
Thanks Cat. Yes a person has to watch what he checks for a privacy setting. It was visible to my computer but not to Trond's by the look of it

Gordon