View Full Version : Kodi doesn't work with GH5 shots.

Adriano Moroni
February 9th, 2018, 05:59 AM
I use always Kodi to watch my UHD videos shots with Sony AX100. But now I use GH5 and Kodi get problems to reach those UHD files. I configured the GH5 with UHD 59,94p 150Mbps. I use always Edius 9 and I get the file with the same steps that I have always made.
Now I'm looking for another program that replace Kodi. I love Kodi but it fell down. Unfotunately I can watch every UHD video shot with the previous videocamera but not with the new camera. Maybe Kodi get problems with high bitrates.
I have also to unistalled Kodi and installed it again on my Android Sony TV but I get always the same problem. Video is jerky. What a pity!
Now I'm asking all you a suggestion: in my hard drive I have many UHD videos. I cataloged them with the number 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. etc and Kodi lets see all titles in a row on one page.
Do you know another software that lets see all the titles like Kodi, so that I can click on a title and watch it. I use the program ONLY to watch my UHD videos.
Thanks for your precious advice.

Noa Put
February 9th, 2018, 08:49 AM
The player probably has a problem with the codec, on my pc vlc mediaplayer also has problems with 4K 50p as I get jerky playback but windows mediaplayer doesn't, plays the files very smooth.

Another question, why do you shoot 59,94p? You are from Italy which is PAL land so you should be shooting 50P, maybe that's the problem with kodi, try to shoot 50p and see if it plays fine then.

Adriano Moroni
February 9th, 2018, 09:45 AM
I will make some tests. An expert guy told me to choose 59,94p even in there is PAL in Italy. All that to get a better and smooth video. I think the problem is Kodi because if I choose another installed software in my TV, I watch that video perfectly.

Jack Zhang
February 26th, 2018, 08:19 PM
MPC-HC (even though development on it has ended) is a good player for 4K files from the GH5.