View Full Version : UWOL 46 - Tales of wonders and woes

Trond Saetre
March 3rd, 2018, 02:17 PM
As always, interaction between the players is encouraged.
What goes great, what did not go as planned, and everything in between, about the making of your UWOL 46 films.

Hope all of you have found an idea for your entries. Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.
Have fun!

Trond Saetre
March 7th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Been mighty quiet in here, and we are a week into the challenge.
How's everyone doing?

Paul Wood
March 7th, 2018, 02:40 PM
I’m just wishing I was still in Brazil, so I could make a follow up on these cute fellows
https://youtu.be/Ce_v8l4ie0Y

Still, keep looking......

Mick Jenner
March 8th, 2018, 03:22 AM
You will have to get yourself down to one of the coastal resorts Paul, lots of nightlife there, probably not suitable for this challenge though !! lol

Paul Wood
March 8th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Ha! , Funny you should say that Mick, I was only talking to my daughter about staying with them in Malaga later in the year!

Meanwhile, back to searching for nocturnal beasties closer to home.......

Trond Saetre
March 13th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Flming the sunset by the sea in fog, isn't exactly an easy task.
Needless to say it didn't go as planned.

Mick Jenner
March 17th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Well the footage is in the can as they say, now the edit! Nothing spectacular but at least looks like I will have an entry to upload this round and not a bird in sight lol

Trond Saetre
March 17th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Well done, Mick! Looking forward to see what you come up with this time.

How's everyone doing? Found your ideas now?

Bryce Comer
March 26th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Well things haven’t gone to plan so far this round for me. I have an idea, and wanted to shoot footage early but that hasn’t happened. Unfortunately now though it won’t happen. I was skiing yesterday and had a bit of an altercation with a tree!! Broken ribs and a collapsed lung will keep me in hospital for another day, and unfortunately rule me out of getting an entry done.
This will mean though that I will have lots of time to be watching films so hopefullly there will be plenty of entries finished this round! :)

Trond Saetre
March 26th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Ouch! Hope you recover quickly, Bryce! Really sucks when trees jump out in front of you.

Paul Mailath
March 26th, 2018, 11:21 PM
I'm in real trouble - got back from my cruise to a stack of work and I've had to postpone most of it as I've got a raging throat infection - bloody cruises!

I'm off the bed for a day or 2

Mick Jenner
March 28th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear of your accident Bryce, wishing you a speedy recovery, likewise Paul hopefully the throat clears quickly.

Mick

Bob Safay
March 30th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Bryce, trees don't move! I learned that in Colorado 30 years ago! Paul, hope your throat clears up. Watch for my next post, it may cheer you two up. Bob

Bob Safay
March 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM
So, in the entire history of the UWOL challenge and its dreaded SHARK TANK....this may be the first.

Bob

Dusk to Dawn on Vimeo

Geir Inge
March 31st, 2018, 07:16 AM
Im on my Easter tour and will not be back home until monday,
so I guess it will be the shark tank for me this round.

Catherine Russell
March 31st, 2018, 07:07 PM
LOL, Now that's what I call jumping into the Shark Tank with style! Nice job, Bob, and Happy Birthday! :).

Wow you guys, hope someone gets an entry in this round. Bryce, so sorry about the ski accident and hope you have a speedy recovery. Paul, you too. Sore throats are no fun. If the shark tank is full this round, at least the dancing bats are cute!

Cat

Bob Safay
March 31st, 2018, 07:09 PM
Cat, glad you got a laugh out of it. Bob

Gordon Hoffman
April 1st, 2018, 07:20 AM
It looks like this is going to be a tough round. With all that's happening to the group. For me it's just the weather is not playing nice. All I've managed to get was my ending shot so not much hope.

Gordon

Trond Saetre
April 1st, 2018, 11:38 AM
I have my opening shots done. For once, the weather has been beautiful and cooperated. But being at the right place at the right time, has been my challenge.
Might take a swim with the sharks...

Only one film uploaded so far.
Everyone, remember to request the upload details, and as always, it is better to ask sooner than too late ;)

Geir Inge
April 1st, 2018, 02:00 PM
Heisann (Norwegian for "hello") Trond.
Can deliver a non-competitive video, as I have used some old clips.
Sorry, did not film everything on my wish list, nor did I edit it properly.
Came home today from my Easter holiday, and left my PC at home :/
If you send a password, I will upload it.

Trond Saetre
April 1st, 2018, 05:09 PM
Geir Inge, check your fb messenger inbox. :)

Andrew Hood
April 1st, 2018, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a few people have battle stories. Hopefully on the mend though - Bryce and Paul.
Earlier in the month I was busy with our theatre show Bogan Shakespeare. Then I got sick, and it doesn't want to leave the system yet. I managed to keep my voice for the second weekend of shows - just. But if I do much physically (even walking a few kms) I pay for it later. Also need to get ready for a job interview on Friday - media producer with the Latrobe Health Assembly. Was looking at doing a last minute dash for this round and harass some wildlife overnight with some portable lighting, or do a star timelapse. But figure I'll concede to swimming with the sharks, and hopefully do better next round.