View Full Version : Charts/graphs plugin

Sabyasachi Patra
March 5th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Any suggestion on a good plugin for creating charts and graphs in FCPX? Need something which looks professional. How are you guys managing this?

Jörg Frommann
March 5th, 2018, 05:12 PM
I once used Stupid Raisins Data Pop. Some of the templates are free.

I think it looks nice, however, it's a little tricky to customize.

Eugen Brinzoiu
March 6th, 2018, 12:18 AM
Keynote also is an option,too.

David Knaggs
March 7th, 2018, 06:50 AM
I'll second Eugen. I've found Keynote to be very good for graphs, etc., especially 3D graphs.

There are also some great Keynote templates which you can obtain through GraphicRiver (part of the Envato/VideoHive marketplace) and other places. Some of these are extremely slick and very impressive to clients.

And, literally five minutes ago, I received an email from motionVFX about their latest plug-in for FCP X called mInfographics 2 which lets you construct graphs and charts directly inside FCP X. I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but the promo movie looks great.

Here's the link:

https://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-178.html

Eugen Brinzoiu
March 8th, 2018, 01:52 AM
Found another one...
https://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-178.html

Motion VFX minfographics2

Sabyasachi Patra
March 9th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I also got an email from MotionVFX. That plugin looks good. I have to check it.

I checked Keynote. I guess my understanding is limited, as I was not able to do certain stuff. Will try again soon. I just want to get a consistent look and feel to all the charts and graphs.

I will also check the Graphic River. Never heard about it.

I think these plugins are of great value and with sufficient practice one can get a good professional feel.

Eugen Brinzoiu
March 10th, 2018, 05:21 AM
I don't like this kind of sites because you have to pay for a license.
And you can use it once.....for one client.
I stay away.
Take care

Jörg Frommann
March 12th, 2018, 04:18 AM
You can use it once because of the conditions in the license? Or because it isn't unique anymore?

Sabyasachi Patra
March 17th, 2018, 02:08 AM
I don't like this kind of sites because you have to pay for a license.
And you can use it once.....for one client.
I stay away.
Take care

Can you please clarify? Which plugin are you talking about. I bought the minfographics2. Did I miss any info about restrictions?

Eugen Brinzoiu
March 18th, 2018, 04:14 AM
Unlimited usage for MotionVFX plugins.
It's a plugin.....you can use it forever in an unlimited number of projects

David Knaggs
March 28th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Apple have just updated Keynote to Version 8.0. This update includes Donut graphs and others.