View Full Version : Problems with Analog Audio

Jeremiah Rickert
April 14th, 2018, 12:16 AM
I have a convoluted set up in order to use my XH-A1 with my Shogun Flame. I use the component cable into a Component to HDMI adapter that is powered by USB. (It's an adapter designed for hooking your PS2 to an HDMI port I think). I forgot to bring the AV-out cable for my XH-A1 so I didn't have anything I could hook into that adapter's L and R audio RCA jacks. I decided to just hook the two microphones straight into the Shogun Flame.

No matter what I tried, I could not get the microphones to show up. They showed up in the camera, but when I hooked them into the Shogun XLR breakout cable, no sound was evident. I had the input set to "Mic Level" and turned on phantom power. There was no sound. Is there some other setting buried somewhere that tells the thing not to attempt to take the sound from the HDMI?

Another method I tried was to use a mini-plug to XLR adapter out of the earphone jack on the XH-A1 and into the breakout cable. This time I had phantom power off and had it set to line level. No sound was passed into the Shogun. I have to believe that there is something wrong with the audio port, the breakout cable, or there is a setting in the menus somewhere that I've missed.

Any help would be appreciated.