View Full Version : Good News to share

Vishal Jadhav
April 19th, 2018, 08:31 AM
Hi Friends,

At the recently held Japan Wildlife Film Festival my film "Flying Rainbow" Won the Best Newcomers award.

I still remember the time i came to the UWOL forum and i have learned so many things with you . This is a award that comes based on what film i made with the inputs i got from all of you over the period.

I would like to thank you all for the support, so many of you have helped me better my skills and yes i am still learning so much to learn.

This is the trailer of the Film
Trailer- Flying Rainbow - YouTube

Chris Hurd
April 19th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Congratulations, Vishal! Well done sir.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I watched your trailer here and it's amazing. Excellent work!

Bryce Comer
April 19th, 2018, 09:17 AM
That's fantastic news Vishal,
Congratulations, great effort. Do you have this film in other film festivals? Wondering when i can get to see the full film.
Bryce

Mick Jenner
April 19th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Well deserved Vishal, very pleased for you.

Mark Williams
April 19th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Congratulations, I always enjoy viewing your work.

Trond Saetre
April 19th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Well done and congratulations, Vishal!
After all your hard work, it is well deserved.

Vishal Jadhav
April 20th, 2018, 05:00 AM
Thanks All,

Bryce,
I am off the Festival circuit now. Having won awards at 5 other places but japan is special as its among the top 3 Specific Wildlife Film Festivals of the World.

Bryce Comer
April 20th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Wow that's awesome Vishal!!!
So where do you go from here then? Do you plan on having it broadcast on tv?

Vishal Jadhav
April 20th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Bryce,

Yes found a distributor, have one broadcast credit to my name in France till date. Fingers crossed.

Its just a wonderful experience to start from a scratch and work it to a film that took nearly 6 years in making and yes to win awards and even be broad casted. Its a learning experience .

Now i hope i may understand 10% of what not to do . :)
The learning curve is now steeper and more challenging i suppose. lets see where it takes me ahead, and all you friends are there to help me in my journey.

Bryce Comer
April 20th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Well done! That's great. Did the broadcast in France come from one of the film festivals or some other way? I ask this because i am hoping to get my film about the caribou broadcast here in Canada to raise awareness, but struggling a little with no contacts in the industry. Of course, there is also the issue of my film maybe not meeting their technical requirements for broadcast.
Again well done, very impressive!! I know how much work goes into this sort of project.

Geir Inge
April 21st, 2018, 04:54 PM
That's good news for sure, Vishal.
Congratulation to you for your excellent work!

LeRoy Gunderson
April 22nd, 2018, 05:55 AM
Congratulations - great job. I really enjoyed watching the trailer and would like very much to see the whole thing.

Jo Ouwejan
April 22nd, 2018, 06:37 AM
Oh wow! This is beyond the level of any amateur!
I will drink my next Kingfisher with other thoughts in mind.

Bob Safay
April 22nd, 2018, 10:46 AM
Vishal, Congratulations!! excellent job! Really beautifully done trailer. When will we all be able to see the full length video?

Paul Wood
April 24th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Well done Vishal! Excellent work, and I too am looking forward to seeing the full film!

Vishal Jadhav
April 25th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Sorry for a late reply friends was filming for some time and was off the net for whole time.

Well done! That's great. Did the broadcast in France come from one of the film festivals or some other way? I ask this because i am hoping to get my film about the caribou broadcast here in Canada to raise awareness, but struggling a little with no contacts in the industry. Of course, there is also the issue of my film maybe not meeting their technical requirements for broadcast.
Again well done, very impressive!! I know how much work goes into this sort of project.

Bryce, the broadcast in France came through the distributor , i returned today and yes one more broadcast in Russia, even though the money trickling and not making for the production money but yes its success in some form.
I think we need to start a thread here to discuss about the technical requirement for broadcast. it would be helpful to all and we somewhere have had some experience , Mich has had his footage shown on BBC which is the biggest player and he would be one of the key contributors to this and i will put in what i know will dig out what i gave the broadcaster and yes will also talk about my blunders and things ppl should never do.
So open a thread to discuss this Bryce , it would be helpful to all.

Andrew Hood
April 29th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Awesome work Vishal! Great to see you putting that practice and learning into bigger projects, and to get some awards along the way.
Quite enjoyed the imagery, the colours, and the story that was developed.

Owen Dawe
April 30th, 2018, 12:24 AM
Congratulations---Well done.

Vishal Jadhav
April 30th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Thanks Andrew, Owen

Vishal Jadhav
June 5th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Finally the Trophy came in this week.

Super happy with it

Bryce Comer
June 5th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Awesome Vishal,
You must be very proud!!!

Trond Saetre
June 5th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Well deserved, Vishal!

Tony McGuire
June 5th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Well Done,

LeRoy Gunderson
June 8th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Congratulations. Nicely done!
When or where can we see the full video?