View Full Version : Ideas for return video when using Teradek Cube

David Pakman
April 30th, 2018, 07:15 PM
I host a multicamera show with a Tricaster 410. I am looking to become more mobile so I will be testing a Teradek Cube system that I could have with me along with a camera, so that I can send HD video back to my studio/tricaster/production staff from around the country.

The Teradek does not back any return audio function, which I need in order to converse with the other people on the show in my studio. One solution that has been suggested is Unity Intercom.

I am looking for other ideas for sending return audio, ideally a mix minus from my tricaster OR master audio from an analog mixer in my studio (which woudln't include my own voice and thus wouldn't annoyingly send it back to me). What solutions might be available?

Edward Carlson
April 30th, 2018, 07:39 PM
The only device I know of that does this is the TVU. The best suggestion is to use a cell phone with an earphone.

David Pakman
May 1st, 2018, 06:58 AM
The phone option would be interesting except that when in other countries, being on the phone for 90 minutes while taping would quickly get very expensive at $1.99 per minute

Greg Bellotte
May 27th, 2018, 09:15 PM
skype works well with this. as does a google voice/talk-a-tone or other VOIP service. return audio over telephone is the most common solution for broadcast entities.