View Full Version : C100mkii streaming to a projector

Hakob Hakobyan
May 9th, 2018, 09:06 PM
HI Guys,

1st time having this kind of request so any help would be helpful.
The client wants live streaming of my video on to a reception projector.
My logic is that projector should have an HDMI in port and I connect my C100 mkii HDMI out to Projectors HDMI in and I am ready to roll?
Is this how it is done usually?

I called the projector guy and he said I should be fine but I am still paranoid lol.
Maybe I should take an HDMI to mini HDMI adaptor just in case as his projector might have mini HDMI input?
Maybe I take HDMI to DVI or VGI converter as well to make sure I have all possible input options for projector covered?
ALso its fair to assume the longer HDMI cable I take the better right?

Doing this part of task for 1st time so just want to double check.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
Jacob

Chris Hurd
May 9th, 2018, 09:51 PM
I've been around a lot of Canon projectors for many years (before HDMI was a thing) and I can tell you that these days they all have the full-size HDMI connector.

Think it would be a good idea if you got the make & model of the projector you'll be using, and check just to make sure. Sure don't think you'll have any trouble at all with this process though. It is pretty straightforward.

Hakob Hakobyan
May 9th, 2018, 10:10 PM
I've been around a lot of Canon projectors for many years (before HDMI was a thing) and I can tell you that these days they all have the full-size HDMI connector.

Think it would be a good idea if you got the make & model of the projector you'll be using, and check just to make sure. Sure don't think you'll have any trouble at all with this process though. It is pretty straightforward.

Ok Chris thanks for re-assurance.
Why I got a little concerend is because to test it I connected my C100 HDMI to my PC monitor and it worked fine, could see live view video on my monitor.
HOwever for some unknown reason when I connected my C100 HDMI to my TV HDMI in it never worked, just black screen...

Chris Hurd
May 10th, 2018, 06:54 AM
when I connected my C100 HDMI to my TV HDMI in it never worked, just black screen...

Hmm... that's an incorrect setting somewhere, either on the TV side or the camera side, because it should work.