View Full Version : Denon DN-300Z CD/Media Player with Bluetooth

Phil Goetz
May 19th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Question.

I am thinking about using this in a small TV studio to put callers on the air. Using a cell phone connected to this bluetooth... I think I'm good... right?

DN-300Z
CD/Media Player with Bluetooth/USB/SD/Aux and AM/FM Tuner

Denon Professional - Professional-grade Audio/Video Recording, Playback and Signal Distribution (http://denonpro.com/products/view/dn-300z)

Andrew Smith
May 19th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Not exactly sure how it is going to come in handy for you. You would really need:

1. A phone interface unit, running off an incoming landline connection

2. A means of doing a 7 second delay (or whatever the requirement is in your area) in case the caller drops a verbal bomb or worse. Given that you are doing video the delay will have to be for the entire programme, not just the audio.

Andrew

Seth Bloombaum
May 20th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Agreeing with Andrew’s suggestion, a phone interface from Gentner, JKAudio, or Telos connected to a land line is the typical approach.

There are several challenges in getting good signal off of phone conversations:
Your viewers should hear your host’s voice at full quality, non-phone.
Your caller should hear your host’s voice over their phone (the Denon wouldn’t provide this)
The return signal from the phone should include only your caller, not the host at phone quality.

“Nulling” the host’s voice in the return signal is a primary function of a phone interface...

Rick Reineke
May 20th, 2018, 10:23 AM
+1
" a phone interface from Gentner, JKAudio, or Telos connected to a land line is the typical approach."

Steven Digges
May 20th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Phil,

Seriously, I am not a wheeler and dealer. I never sell old gear. That is why I'm pretty sure I have an old Telex phone interface unit in my AV bone yard. Let me know if you want me to find it. I'm sure we can work something out.

The typical way of using them was a phone land line input, then output to caller and XLR output to mixer for broadcast or reinforcement.

Kind Regards,

Steve