View Full Version : Four audio channels with two cameras

Steven Davis
May 25th, 2018, 08:26 AM
I'm in the process of learning premiere and trying to set up a multicam sequence with. I have two cameras, that show four speakers, and four channels of audio for the four speakers. I recorded two speakers on one camera and two on another. I was able to open my mutlicam sequence, but the audio channels are not split into four so I can switch between them as each speaker speaks. Can Premiere even switch between the audio like it does on video?

I havn't found a tutorial that shows being able to switch between the audio separately from the video.

Steven Davis
May 25th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Never mind,

Chatted with Adobe today and apparently you CAN NOT switch audio independent of the video using the multicam in Adobe Premiere. That is stunning to me, I was going to go all in on Premiere but not if can't switch the audio independent of the video. That folks is just plain nuts. Back to FCPX for me I guess.

Steven Davis
May 25th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Well,

Your message

To: Adobe Customer Care
Subject: RE: Follow up regarding previous Pr case CRM:01226000001278
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 6:46:23 PM (UTC+00:00) Monrovia, Reykjavik

was deleted without being read on Friday, May 25, 2018 6:47:02 PM (UTC+00:00) Monrovia, Reykjavik.

Pete Cofrancesco
May 25th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I was just going to suggest fcpx. I use fcpx at home and work for someone else with Premiere. Premiere has a lot a functionality and mass appeal but as far as user interface its not very easy to use.

I think the way to deal with it in Premiere is to send the audio out to a multi track editor, Audition. Most people would record the audio separately to a mixer with multi-track recording like Soundevices Mix pre10. It can record the a master stereo mix along with each track.

Steven Davis
May 26th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Thanks Pete,

Yeah, my first major project for Premiere was two cameras with four different channels which represent four people speaking. The gimmicky -switch with audio with the camera- setting doesn't work because one is a wide angle and the other camera is a closeup of each speaker. What aggravates me the most is, I just spent a ton of money in equipment upgrades with the goal of using the Adobe Suite seamlessly, so I was pretty shocked when I found out Adobe can't switch audio independent of the video. So back to FCPX. I actually posted in the Adobe forum a warning of sorts for folks who are unaware of this problem. I spent three hours troubleshooting before I figured it out. lol