View Full Version : black globe on sensor

Lico Francisco
May 27th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys,

Your advice on this one. Will this be taken care by warranty. I see a globe on my sensor when using video mode. It shows up on the videos. it just a black globe on sensor. It is really visible at F22 and F11. Will this be handle by Panasonic. I have attached pictures. Your advice is recommended but anyways will be contacting Panasonic tomorrow. I use the gh5 for video more than pictures.

Noa Put
May 27th, 2018, 12:21 PM
That most likely is dirt on the sensor and is not covered under warranty, there are different ways to clean a sensor yourself but if you have never done that then I would just bring the camera to a videostore who can do it for you.

Bruce Foreman
May 28th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Looks like your sensor needs cleaning. If you've never done it, the very idea seems scary but it is relatively safe to do...

...IF YOU USE PROPER MATERIALS!

look up sensor cleaning on the net. Lots of info there and some of it is accurate. Best cleaning swabs and method I've found is Peter Gregg's, he has come up with his own design and I think it's the best yet.

Watch his videos, do a search for - peter gregg and sensor cleaning - This will get you started. On the GH5 the camera must be powered on (insure you have a fresh charged Panasonic battery in the camera). If you try it with the camera off the sensor moves all over the place and you will get nowhere.

If you do as Noa advises be sure an tell the person who is going to do the cleaning that the camera MUST be on.