View Full Version : My first highlight with sub titles.

Steven Davis
June 9th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Knowing my bride had Hawaiian heritage, I wanted to throw in a special twist this time. Other than having to shoot into the blasted sun, I thought this turned out pretty special.

Rachel and Alex's wedding highlight. on Vimeo

Noa Put
June 12th, 2018, 01:49 AM
In my country we are used to having foreign languages subtitled in films, unlike the German and French who voice dub all foreign films. The only disadvantage I find is that it takes away your eyes from the film momentarily each time you read the text.

I have a Mexican/Belgian wedding to shoot this year and the groom has asked for Dutch subtitles for his Dutch speaking family. I have no idea how much I have to translate, obviously the bride will provide me with the translated texts so I can copy/paste but still it's a lot of extra work, not something I would like to do with every wedding I shoot :)

Taky Cheung
June 12th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Vimeo supports Closed Captioning / Subtitle feature. It is a separate text file uploaded. The benefits is text is not "burn-in" to the video. Viewer can choose to turn on and off the displayed text as well as size and background color.