View Full Version : FS-US+AKHI Sony PMW-EX1 and other mics, lights, etc. for sale

Doug Jensen
June 26th, 2018, 12:07 PM
I'm moving 1500 miles soon so I need to clear out as much of my old gear as I can. I've got a Sony PMW-EX1 in nearly perfect condition ($700), a PMW-R5 RAW Recorder ($3200), an EX30 deck that has never been opened ($500), a RED 50-150mm lens ($2900), quite a few microphones, lights, and other stuff for immediate shipping. As the hucksters say on TV, I'd rather sell it than move it! :-)

UsedGear1 (http://www.vortexmedia.store/used/UsedGear1.html)

Bill Ward
June 27th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Wait, where are you moving to? That's the most important bit of information. ;)

Doug Jensen
June 27th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Going from New England to Florida. I just can't stand the beautiful weather up here in the summer anymore. I need some unbearable heat and humidity.

Paul Cascio
June 28th, 2018, 06:23 PM
It would be pretty cool to own the EX-1 owned by the guy who wrote the book on the EX-1.

Where in Florida?

Doug Jensen
June 28th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I don't know if it would be cool, but it is my original EX1 and the one seen in that video 10 years ago. Almost immediately I had to get an EX1R and EX3 so the EX1 got left on the shelf -- thus the very low hours.

Moving to the Cape Canaveral area on the east coast.

Donald McPherson
June 29th, 2018, 04:15 AM
At that price would be a bargain for some schools it has all the professional buttons and menus to teach the kids.

Doug Jensen
June 29th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Very true. The EX1 would be a great camera to learn on. 99% of the features found on an FS5, FS7, F55, Z450, etc. can be found on the EX1. It bothers me when I see colleges teaching students in their TV/film programs with DSLRs or mirrorless cameras. You can't learn the skills you need if you don't have equipment that actually translates into professional production. I'm not saying an owner/operator can't make a living with a DSLR, but that's not going to translate into real job skills that employers will pay for.

Bob Safay
June 30th, 2018, 04:02 AM
Doug, congratulations on your move. Are you moving to Merritt Island area? Hopefully we can hook up again and video some more birds. Bob

Doug Jensen
June 30th, 2018, 04:56 AM
Hi Bob, yeah it would be fun to get together again. We liked the Merritt Island area so much in the winters that we decided to buy a house and make it permanent.

Bill Ward
July 1st, 2018, 08:23 AM
There is an abundance of unbearable heat and humidity right here in central NC, but a paucity of easy access to salt water shore birds.

I still have my EX-3. Maybe we could schedule a play date with your EX-1 so they don't feel despondent and isolated.

Doug Jensen
July 1st, 2018, 07:00 PM
My EX1 is in a medically induced coma so it doesn't feel anything.

If I'm going out to shoot my weapon of choice sure isn't going to be the EX1. Anything short of 16-bit RAW 4K @ 60 or 120 fps is a waste of my time for stock footage. :-)

But we could sign up your EX3 as part of my F55 Big Brother program and they could go on an outing and pal around together.

Bill Ward
July 3rd, 2018, 07:14 AM
If it keeps my EX-3 from sneaking out at night and hanging around in pool halls with a cigarette dangling from the SxS slot, it'll be a major improvement,.

Bob Safay
July 5th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Doug, that would be great. Next time I'm down there I'll contact you and we can meet at the Refuge. Bob