View Full Version : General question on Nx5u users

Robert Lee
August 13th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Hey everyone:

This is more of a curiosity question. Of the folks here who shoot with nx5u. What projects do you shoot with this camera? Do you shoot with other cameras?

Reason I ask is I do see a lot of corporate work specifically request to use Canon c100-c300 for various reason (either wanting a cinematic look... ) well I think that's the only reason, I do believe it's not the equipment but how you use it in creating videos but it's hard for me to ignore the increasing demand and wonder if others are seeing the trend.

I'll start the ball rolling for me, For live shoots (ie. live streaming work) or covering long form shoots at convention and lectures, the nx5u holds its own for sure. I do have a Canon 60D kit for the smaller shoot, or to capture B roll shots. and if clients are insistent, you can count on the rental route to secure use of one.

Thanks!

Robert

Pete Cofrancesco
August 13th, 2018, 05:23 PM
It’s pretty simple if a client wants cinematic look then a large sensor camera is what’s called for but for live event coverage an eng camera is what’s needed. It’s not a question which is better just different tools.