View Full Version : Cinivate Darius follow focus Disassembly

Neil Hodgkinson
August 20th, 2018, 02:10 AM
I've recently got my hands on a second hand Cinivate Darius follow focus unit and though I was very pleased to find it built as well as I had hoped I also found that it was a little stiff and there was also a slight sticking when first turning the knob. If I loosened the marker off, this temporally solved both problems. I figured it all just needed a clean.

So I started to go about stripping it down to clean, oil and reassemble but once all the bolts were loosened off all the parts were still very stiff on the shaft and will need some force to knock them free.

Sometimes items like this can be put together in unexpected ways so if it doesn't all just come apart as I expect I can worry. It could be stuck because it's old and full of crap or they could have slipped a left-handed thread or a hidden key in there.

I tried emailing Cinivate to ask if it comes apart as expected but got no answer.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has taken one of these apart?

Once the bolt at the end, in the center of the knob and the small grub screw on the side of the knob, have been removed should the parts all just slide off the shaft?