View Full Version : Nanoflash timecode cable

Kurt Franz
August 24th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Good Day-
Anyone have one of these they would be willing to part with? Need it to trigger my nanoflash from the record button on my XLh1
thanks

Edward Carlson
August 25th, 2018, 02:36 AM
I don't have one, but my company makes custom cables and can build one for you.

Kurt Franz
August 25th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Edward-
Thanks for responding. It is good knowing that there is an option available. What kind of cable is it? I assume that it goes in the remote port of the nanoflash.....
KF

Edward Carlson
August 25th, 2018, 10:42 AM
It's a 10-pin Hirose HR10A. This connector supports timecode, RS232, and run/stop trigger, as well as a 5 volt tally light output.

Kurt Franz
August 26th, 2018, 10:10 AM
I shot you a PM
Thx

Kurt Franz
September 7th, 2018, 10:35 AM
hi

just wondering if you ever got my pm
thanks

It's a 10-pin Hirose HR10A. This connector supports timecode, RS232, and run/stop trigger, as well as a 5 volt tally light output.

Kurt Franz
November 22nd, 2018, 06:28 AM
back to the dead zome.....😀

i did get the cable and have to say this combination is really great considering the minimal amount of money spent. not the latest greatest tech of course, but i do get to have a nice shoulder mount camera with good controls and a fully manual lens - 14x

thanks to those who responded about the cable...in the end i was able to get a oem one from dan which worked out for the best

happy thanksgiving
kf

Good Day-
Anyone have one of these they would be willing to part with? Need it to trigger my nanoflash from the record button on my XLh1
thanks

Kurt Franz
September 14th, 2022, 05:14 AM
Just checking back in ......

Still using the XLH1 and the nanoflash. Still works like a charm and people can’t believe that my old camera shoots such good video.

Anyone still out there using one of these as a hobby or anything?

Just curious

Andrew Smith
September 14th, 2022, 10:01 PM
Similar thing with the Sony HVR-V1U HDV Camcorder I started with. The HDV tape format may have not been the best quality compared to unfettered full HD, but the HDMI output enabled you to bypass that constriction and use an external recorder such as the Atomos Ninja to record it at super gorgeous quality.

I remember the camera sales rep (hello Rob at ProCam Brisbane if you are reading this) telling me how they connected the HDMI output from a HDV camera such as mine to a video monitor and jaws dropped at the quality that was displayed to the screen. Remarkable quality given it's only running off a quarter inch sensor.

There was plenty of potential for those who thought outside the camera.

Andrew

Kurt Franz
September 18th, 2022, 07:49 AM
I never knew that the HDMI bypassed the compression in the same fashion as the XLH1. That is interesting indeed.