View Full Version : ATEM Television Studio HD discontinued?

Simon Denny
August 29th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Looks like the Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio HD is discontinued, I can't find this anywhere.

So now it's the ATEM Production Studio 4K, I was wondering how long before 4k products will be the norm in the Production world.

Gota dig deeper into the wallet now.

Simon Denny
August 29th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Hang on, I went to B&H and they said it was discontinued now the same page says it's still for sale.

Also I couldn't find the ATEM Television Studio HD on the Blackmagic website and then found the product buried on a webpage when you clicked on another product..... so maybe it's still available.

Charlie Steiner
August 29th, 2018, 07:43 PM
yes, and sony's doing the same with camcorders. only problem (besides increased production costs) is that very few are ever going to watch anything in true 4k.

Simon Denny
August 29th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Yep, HD for me is my current workflow, 4K right now is not part of my production, maybe down the track.

Andrew Smith
August 29th, 2018, 09:59 PM
I'm sticking with HD - good HD done really well. Probably getting better signal-to-noise ratios from the sensor (from bigger pixel site sizes) and enjoying it anyway.

Andrew

Simon Denny
August 30th, 2018, 12:42 AM
Yep, HD is fine for me and also a live stream to the FB, or YT is 720 anyway, this last year Ive been shooting square for ads that go on Social Media, I hope vertical is not next..... I'll cry if this happens...

Steven Digges
August 30th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Simon, Search the classifieds on this forum. I think I saw Charles Papport (SP?) selling his ATEM HD a while back. Maybe he still has it?

Steve

Simon Denny
August 30th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Thanks Steve,

I found one here in Sydney.
Cheers, S