View Full Version : Timeline gone!

Charles Ford
October 31st, 2005, 10:09 PM
This may be a stupid question but here goes. Occasionally when I open a FCP3 project only the browser and viewer opens with no timeline. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the time line to show. Timeline is in shadow under the window tab. I have to go to restore project and loose work to get the timeline back. What am I doing wrong?

Greg Boston
November 1st, 2005, 06:13 AM
This may be a stupid question but here goes. Occasionally when I open a FCP3 project only the browser and viewer opens with no timeline. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the time line to show. Timeline is in shadow under the window tab. I have to go to restore project and loose work to get the timeline back. What am I doing wrong?

You have to have a sequence open to have a timeline. If you close all sequences, the timeline will disappear.

-gb-

Meryem Ersoz
November 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
click on the sequence you want to open, and voila the associated timeline will reappear. don't worry, you're not alone. i've known lots of folks new to this program to encounter this problem and spend hours wondering where the timeline went. somebody needs to publish a top ten "duh" list of stupid, obvious glitchy roadblocks which happen when working in FCP.

i would add, "can't create a freeze frame by clicking on the image when working in wireframe mode" - i spent several hours figuring out that one. duh.

Charles Ford
November 1st, 2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks Meryem and Greg it worked!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Charles Ford
http://www.charlesford.com