View Full Version : Worth upgrading to Vegas 16 from 15?

Matt Bigwood
November 12th, 2018, 10:19 AM
I had an email that there's a special offer of £109 to upgrade to Vegas 16. Is it worth doing or should I just stick with Vegas 15?

Edward Troxel
November 12th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Please look at this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/536164-today-day-vegas-pro-16-here.html

The new features are listed there. Will the new features help you?

I do like being on the newest version as the older versions will not be getting the updates the newest version will get.

George Dean
November 12th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Hi Matt,

I think that price is about as low as can be expected, and the lowest I have seen.

If after reviewing the new features, as Edward suggests, you find some to be of benefits, even with some of the problems and issues version 16 comes with, it shouldn't be long before they work out the kinks and hopefully have it stabilized. I updated and am still waiting for some fixes, but pretty much use DaVinci Resolve anyway. If I were not using Resolve, I would be excited to use Vegas Pro 16 when it is stabilized.

Matt Bigwood
November 12th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the reply George. I didn't express myself well, but wondered if the newer version would result in faster rendering times or improvements in overall stability. Vegas 15 has been generally OK on my PC, but with random occasional crashes as a result of just moving a clip from one track to another.

George Dean
November 12th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Matt, depending on the model GPU and the driver you have, their is support in Magix AVC render format that may increase the render speed (over version 15) for mp4 files. I think their are users who feel v16 is more stable than v15, and probably others, like myself who have experienced random failures.

Perhaps downloading the trial version would help you evaluate it's value.