View Full Version : FCP classes for complete newbie??

Shawn Wright
November 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Hello,

I am a pro photographer who is experimenting with a XL1.

I currently use iMovie for my very basic editing on personal jobs. I would like to start using FCP with my dual G5 Mac but am worried it will be to complicated. I was wondering if there were any good DVD training videos out there? If so, what do you suggest?

Also, is there any way to get this software cheaper?

Thanks for your help.... oh, same questions for rest of "FCP Studio" software (motion, soundtrack, DVD)

Shawn

Valery Karyakin
November 8th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Shawn,

Someone I know made his speciality downloading various tutorials on DVD. You can offer him a small fee to cover his efforts if he agrees to post them to you. His name is Joe Rosa (UK based) and the email is this:

joeszepe@yahoo.co.uk

Brian Duke
November 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM
There are several available on DVD for about $100. Do a google search on Final Cut Pro 5 Tutorials. I got a DVD for Motion 2, FCP5, Soundtrack and DVD pro for about $230, 4 DVD's, yet to watch them, but I plan on it.

Shawn Wright
November 10th, 2005, 02:54 PM
There are several available on DVD for about $100. Do a google search on Final Cut Pro 5 Tutorials. I got a DVD for Motion 2, FCP5, Soundtrack and DVD pro for about $230, 4 DVD's, yet to watch them, but I plan on it.

Thanks,

Brian, exactly what do you have? I want to get training for all four like you have.

After you watch them would you consider selling them at a discount?

Thanks a bunch.