View Full Version : Embedding movies in PDF files

Adam Rench
November 10th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Hey, just found this out. It's kinda neat so I thought I'd share.

I just found out that if you have the Professional version of Acrobat V.6 or higher, you can embed movies into the file!

So, for the heck of it, I created an HTML file with a neat border with the size of my movie, then put my titles on there and credits for the movie, I then used Acrobat to create a PDF from that HTML file, then I put my movie in the PDF file.

And boom, I have a very neat page with a movie in it! Just thought it was neat.

See yas later.

Georg Liigand
November 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for pointing it out! Seems very interesting.

Sean McHenry
November 10th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Most folks forget you can also embed MPG1 (and other format) files into Power Point.

A long time back I pioneered a way to create CDROMS that included the Powerpoint player and would play MPG videos in a powerpoint slide when the CDROM was inserted into the users player - without adding anything at all to the customers PC, and without PowerPoint on the customers player. Sounds easy but there is a trick to it.

Sean

Adam Rench
November 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I did a powerpoint pres for a class I had which included media clips on Bill Gates and some on Steve Jobs. Of course all of the Jobs ones were Quicktime format and all of the ones for Gates were Windows Media formats. Well Powerpoint took the MWV files no problem, but I did have to convert the .MOVs to .MWVs.

I like the non proprietary stuff. (did I spell that right?!)