View Full Version : low light filming with gl2

Eddie Pelfrey
November 14th, 2005, 08:55 PM
im sure there are other posts on this but my searches keep bringing up a blank page.

We film hunting and fishing videos alot of the time the hunting footage is in low light even when i can see plainly the camera is still completely black what can i do to correct this?

Eddie
Reality Outdoors

Colin Rayner
November 14th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Try here
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=54191

Dale Guthormsen
November 15th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Eddie,

The simplest way to deal with low light on the gl2 is to set it to TV mode. then set the speed down to 30 or th of a second and you will likley be just fine, you will be able to tell what speed is best.
Saturday I was shooting some footage on an overcast day as the sun set. A friend was shooting with his digital nikon slr and having to use a strobe.
I called him over to look at the exposure in my gl2 and he could not believe it. I viewed this footage last night and it is outstanding.
There may be a camera better for low light, but it can't be that much better. the gl2 is just fine.

Gus

Eddie Pelfrey
November 15th, 2005, 10:20 AM
How is it that the low end cameras ( i have a high 8 camera) will shoot in almost completely dark and the better camera have such a hard time with this. I am at no means a pro. but while editing both there really seams to be very little differance in picture quality?

Eddie

Graham Bernard
November 15th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Dale? Fly that past me again? The TV ( Time Value ) mode is good for low light. This is because you get to vary . .what? What happens if something strays into shot? Does it strobe too?

Now THIS is a new one - no sarcasm here! Just learnt another option.

Grazie