View Full Version : New Here. Some questions about miniDV. (The Best?)

Roger Akers
November 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone,

New to this board and thought I would ask a couple of questions about miniDV's.
I'm an (aspiring) independant filmmaker and wanting to get a new camera.
I used to use a VX1000 but since have lost access to it. Christmas time is coming up and I'm going to use some extra money to buy a camera to suit my needs.
I don't know what the mass opinion on here about the VX1000 is but I really liked it...this was long ago when it first hit the market. I've been out of the loop since then and I'm sure there has been advances in DV technology but I don't know where to start. My budget is going to be slim (under $1,500) but I want the best bang for my buck.
Just after researching it today it seems the the Canon GL1 may be my best option. This whole progressive scan technology seems interesting...I was even considering buying another used VX1000 from ebay..maybe even an XL1 if the price is right. I do have a Century Optics Wide Angle 65x Lens that I would hope will work on any of the cameras I get.

Other than the recommendations would anyone be willing to provide me with informative weblinks so that I may research further?

I'll be a regular reader and poster on here...seems to be some knowledgable people around.

Boyd Ostroff
November 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Welcome Roger! Another thread was just started today on a similar subject. Have a look: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=54808

Also take a minute to add your city/state/country to your user profile so we'll know where you are.