View Full Version : Will FCP import a targa sequence?

George Odell
November 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hello to all:

I'm not a Final Cut Pro user as such but I need to prepare some material for a client who is. I have two questions:

1) Will FCP import a targa sequence and work with it on the timeline along with existing HD material?

2) Does FCP work with all HD resolutions (1920 X 1080I, 1280 x 720P)?

Thanks,
George

Tim Dashwood
November 23rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
1) Will FCP import a targa sequence and work with it on the timeline along with existing HD material?

Yes... in a roundabout way. Use Quicktime Player Pro (the "pro" registration # ships with FCP to unlock "pro" functionality) and "open image sequence." Then just save as a Quicktime file. The original uncompressed TIFF quality is retained. You can even save it "dependent" on the original TIFF files so that no additional hard drive space is required.

2) Does FCP work with all HD resolutions (1920 X 1080I, 1280 x 720P)?
Yes. FCP is completely resolution independent. You simply set your sequence resolution/codec to whatever is needed.

George Odell
November 23rd, 2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks, Tim, for the detailed reply.

Question for you... do you think using a targa sequence is a viable way to distribute a video clip "cross platform" like this?

Just wondering.

Thanks,
George

Dave Perry
November 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Tim, for the detailed reply.

Question for you... do you think using a targa sequence is a viable way to distribute a video clip "cross platform" like this?

Yes George. We do it all the time.