View Full Version : Digital Cinema Preview not Realtime

Aaron Koolen
November 30th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Hi guys. I've been playing with FCP HD lately and am trying to get the Digital Cinema peview (On secondary display) working realtime. All I can do is get it so it shows the last frame when I stop. I have "All Frames" selected under View->External Video but I just can't get it to do it's thing in Realtime. I have Dynamic on, and Unlimited RT. Everything's fine (As it can be) in the Canvas.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Aaron

Boyd Ostroff
November 30th, 2005, 09:10 AM
That's odd, I haven't ever had this problem. What kind of computer are you using? Is this HDV or regular DV? I assume you have 2 monitors? What are they and how are they connected?

Aaron Koolen
November 30th, 2005, 02:04 PM
It's running on a Dual Core 2.0Ghz - Regular DV. Now, before some of those streams were not FCP standard (AVI, WMW etc) but I've converted them all with MPG StreamClip so they are now and still I get the problem. The machine should be ample fast enough I would have thought. In the Viewer it's all fine and dandy.

Oh to add, I have had some sort of success previously with a test project I was mucking around with, but now it's just a no go at all.

I'll have to contact Apple, cause it's a good feature to have.

You definately need the patience of a saint trying new software on another platform - FCP is just so wierd compared to Vegas :)

Boyd Ostroff
November 30th, 2005, 02:19 PM
some of those streams were not FCP standard (AVI, WMW etc) but I've converted them all with MPG StreamClip so they are now

This is the only thing which sounds a little odd to me. I don't know anything about that software. Do your clips need to be rendered? When you highlight a clip on the timeline and go to Edit > Clip Properties > Format, what does it say? Now compare this to what you see when you go to Sequence > Settings. Is anything different? If so then that may be your problem.